Carbon Monoxide Death, at Least 6 Sick from CO in Oak Brook Mansion on Oakbrook Hills Rd

Oak Brook firefighter/paramedics responded about 10:00 a.m. to a report of people sick in a house -- possibly from carbon monoxide illness. The Oak Brook Fire Department Battalion Chief immediately called for an EMS Box for extra ambulances [...]

Police vague on weather source of carbon monoxide was a water heater or specifically a indoor swimming pool heater ... the house was equipped with carbon monoxide detectors, but the monitors were not functioning at the time of the incident ... carbon monoxide levels were found as high as 1,000 parts per million [...]

Oak Brook police say Pei Yeh, 86, was the man that died at a large home in the 2900 block of Oakbrook Hills Road, Oak Brook, where eight other people were also sick with CO poisoning [...]